Friday, December 09, 2005

THE ZENFO WIRE: Dispatches from Cyberspace

Too lazy to actually post anything this morning, so I'm going to just refeed a series of my favorite posts over the last week in a new quasi-regular feature I'll call the ZenFo Wire:




I HATED MATH SO I BECAME A LIBRARIAN
The Well-Dressed Librarian, Dec. 2, 2005

WDL provides an in-depth analysis of the real mathematical wizardry that goes on behind-the-scenes at libraries.




PICK A TOPIC...

Girl on the Blog, Dec. 9, 2005

GOTB picks through the weeks news and dishes out commentary on everything from Airport shoot-out in Florida to the release of the Chronicles of Narnia film.




TOP FIVE THINGS I SHOULD BE DOING INSTEAD OF GRADUATE SCHOOL

No One Here Thinks I'm Funny, Dec. 5, 2005

Anyone who's been through grad school can relate to at least the spirit of this list. Who hasn't had doubts about higher education lately?




BRATTY KIDS ARE NOW SUPERNATURAL INDIGO CHILDREN

IvyMike, Dec. 7, 2005

If the creepy-ass post title hasn't grabbed your attention, the South Park screenshot will give you nightmares. Exposing the creepiest quack science I've read about in years.




RANDOM MEMORY WEDNESDAY

One Way or Another, Dec. 7, 2005

Wednesday marked the 64th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor. A former sailor reflects on the very personal impact of visiting the memorial atop the sunken hull of the U.S.S. Arizona and the impact of knowing there are bodies entombed beneath the waves...




JULIE ANDREWS GAVE BIRTH TO A WINGNUT?!?

Kendrak's Attack, Dec. 2, 2005

Kendra tracks down and exposes one of the most bizarre websites I've come across in my ten years in Cyberspace. Yes, there are strange things floating around the World Wide Web. Nowhere near as vile as the Goatse.cx creepfest that filled inboxes in the late 1990s, but this one is is nonetheless interesting.

(Note - The Goatse link leads to the wikipedia entry, not the actual infamous hello.jpg. While the entry may shock and disgust some, I'm not into the whole trolling thing.)




No comments: