Thursday, May 26, 2005

MORRO BAY, CON'T

More Morro Bay fun...

I ended up skateboarding at the skatepark with this guy Blair, who I hadn't seen in years. The last time I saw him, he was 13. Now, he's you're stereotypical surfer, living in a rusty 1980 Ford Econoline van down by the ocean. He still smokes a lot of weed, but admitted that he was probably going to quit soon.

Awesome board he loaned me...Element Thriftwood 8. I hadn't been on a skateboard since I lived in Morro Bay. Never was a good boarder, but I enjoyed it. Hit the half-pipe for a few passes. Unfortunately, being a dumbass, I washed out on a turn. Nothing serious. Think I bruised my ass. Hey, sometimes you just have to pay the plywood. Kiddies, please remember to wear pads and a helmet....

Also went kayaking in Estero Bay with my Old Man. Dad's a great guy to hang out with. We had so much fun, our simple hour trip turned into an almost three hour event. We explored the bay, crossed through the ship lanes, and went bird-watching. Then, off for some fresh fried local fish and chips. In Ohio, I can't even get a decent can of frigging tuna; I miss good fish and seafood. I used to know enough fishermen in this area to get enough free fresh calamari steaks, bluefin, flounder, halibut, salmon, and shrimp to last a lifetime. Mmmm...good eats, cheap!

No comments: